Monday, December 15, 2008

Tonight, I'm feeling rather disjointed. Church today was really great. Having holiday snacks with great friends and new acquaintances, a great message, and Joel's vision for the new direction of our church. Somewhere in the middle of all that, I was talking with Ethan about how life has been, and it hit me as the words were leaving my mouth. I have been so busy that I haven't taken any time to enjoy my life of late. I wake up, shower, go to work, come home, hang with the wifey for a few hours, then go to bed. Next day, the same. I may switch things up by hanging with a friend or hitting the Beat, but really, I can't tell you much of what's happened the last week or two.

I'm finding that thought t be rather disturbing. I should be praying and reading my Bible more, not out of obligation, but out of wanting to know God better. I should be spending quality time with my wife, the best person to ever walk into my life, not just waiting until bed time. I should be thinking more about what I'm doing, in general. I should, I should, I should.

But do I? Not really. I'm by no means in a state of guilt over this. I'm just realizing that two weeks can turn into fifty years pretty easily. I don't want to wake up one day and not remember anything special. I don't want to wake up and realize that I let time pass by without getting closer to God, my wife, my family, my friends. I get so focused on working and paying the bills that everything else falls to the wayside. I want to think more and enjoy more. New Years resolution anyone?

No comments: