Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where Am I Now?

As the holidays have passed, the New Year begun, and I am taking stock of today moving forward, I am attempting to spur myself on to better things. There are the simple pleasures of learning something new (playing bass), reading more, and spending time with my beloved wife. Then, there are the more complicated measures that I am trying to compartmentalize and work on. I'm in the process of trying to finish my schooling for the ministry so that once our bill-paying is done, I can move on to a more full-time ministry commitment. This brings complications, however, as I find that I am frustrated with the process. I get the material, and understand the weight of my studies. But classes being what they are, the process is not going as smoothly as I may like. I am weighing out the current courses I am taking and simply wondering whether to finish my Global University courses instead. This presents me with various problems, such as my view of their material. Will I learn as much through them as I might through the classes I am currently engaged in? I just want to get done with it. I feel as though my stated goal is slipping through my fingers as time whittles away. I simply want to be where God wants me to be, and currently I am finding that to be a multi-layered conundrum. God, may I simply do what is right, and follow You where You lead me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI Quinn, I feel your frustration in wanting to finish your education and start serving the Lord. I am reading a book by Brother Lun called Living Water which makes me wonder about some of this. I have know so many guys wanting to go into ministry that seem to have years on education to complete. It is hard to how much is enough.

I wish you well.

frank
nvrsad_1@yahoo.com